[uClinux-dev] RS-485 Driver for MCF5272

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-uclinux at benshaw.com
Fri Aug 26 08:24:43 EDT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 06:57, Friedrich, Lars wrote:
> http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/
>
> Try again when you have a specific question or when you have shown
> that you at least tried to do something besides writing this message.

While I agree that he's done zero research I'm currently doing the same thing
and it's proving more difficult than "necessary."

I'm using the 5206 and while the UART *has* an automatic RTS mode it's
unfortunately a lot more difficult to use due to the way the driver's written
(there doesn't seem to be a nice way to include *another* UART mode in any of
the serial drivers) and I have run up against one bug in particular...

the mcfrs_wait_until_sent() function does nothing on anything OTHER than the
5272 -- but the 5206 has a two-byte FIFO that must be cleared before
tcdrain() returns.  I'm currently hacking that in and hope to have something
patch-worthy today.  :-)

-A.