[uClinux-dev] software floating point mcf5282

Michael Broughton mbobowik at telusplanet.net
Wed Aug 24 17:44:27 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have an app that uses double to represent numbers and I'm having
trouble getting it to work properly. When I run the app it fails when it
tries to cast an int to double (pid: ## failed: 4). I haven't tried
doing any other fp operations yet, if that matters.

Is there something I need to do to configure uClinux, uClibc, gcc, or
the kernel (2.6 in this case) to get soft fp to work? My platform is a
Motorola mcf5282 eval board and I'm using gcc 2.95.

Mike