[uClinux-dev] RE: How to use SRAM as driver buffer?

Fang Vincent-r65806 Vincent.Fang at freescale.com
Wed Aug 24 00:03:26 EDT 2005

I have done some modification to the uClinux kernel, and now I can use SRAM as driver buffer! :)
For my SCF5250 board, I use the first 8K of SRAM as the page frames for SRAM, and initialize these page structs (especially the virtual member with SRAM address). And also the "virt_to_page" and "MAP_NR" macro is modified by judging address range.
It just seems to be worked for my project. I don't know if there is any potential problem.
Let me know if someone need this patch, and if so I will post it.

BTW, I just copy some functions about kiobuf from mm to mmnommu, and it seems that the O_DIRECT works. Combined with SRAM buffer, I can read/write hard disk completely throught SRAM! Bye slow SDRAM~

Best Regards,
Vincent Fang
Freescale Semiconductor
Tel: +86-21-63404539