[uClinux-dev] How to do profiling on MCF5249 board

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Aug 23 22:01:43 EDT 2005

Hi Vincent,

Fang Vincent-r65806 wrote:
> Seems the m68k tool chain doesn't include gprof, and libc doesn't support -pg.
> (I can't find gcrt0.o and libc_p.a)
> Is there any way to do profiling with uClinux kernel or application?

You can certainly do kernel profiling. Enable the kernel option,
CONFIG_PROFILE, and then use the readprofile tool to get at its
profile information on a running system.

I am not aware of anyone doing the neccessary work for application
level profiling. (That is porting the profile lib components).

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Dude       EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear -- a CyberGuard Company            PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888