[uClinux-dev] Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00

Igor Novikov igor at inovikov.net
Mon Aug 22 15:52:17 EDT 2005

Hi Sreesharan,

I managed to boot uclinux 2.4.x  from RAM. Instead of RAMDISK I used romfs.
But basically it is the very similar thing (at least both run from
RAM).  You always can modify romfs.img
(mounting and unmounting it).
Enable option ROM memory disk device (blkmem)
The compiled image image.bin in /images dir contains inside itself
romfs.img.
Or you can use romfs.img and cat it to the linux.bin to get image.bin

(I used before image.elf but it turns out that it does not have romfs in
it, therefore it was failing).
Then you need to download image.bin in ram.
It should run fine (start from address 0x20000)

Thanks everyone for advices.

         Regards,

         Igor Novikov