[uClinux-dev] I2C and /proc

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Fri Aug 19 00:02:51 EDT 2005

Quoth Cory T. Tusar:

> Gavin Lambert wrote:
> > I recently ported the mcf_i2c_gpio bus driver to kernel 2.6 (anyone
> > interested in patches?  Where should I send them?).
>
> I'd be interested.  If you would, please drop me the source,
> or (better yet) just post here for review.  If everything looks
> good, perhaps we can see about getting them included in 2.6 proper.

The kernel patch (against the linux-2.6.x tree in uClinux-dist-20041215)
is attached.

Please be gentle -- this is the first time I've tried to port anything
(in fact, nearly my first experience with any kind of kernel hacking).
:)

This is basically just a 'minimal changes' port -- I haven't redesigned
anything (it even has the rather messy config structure that the
original did).  I've tested on an MCF5272 and it seems to work ok, but
YMMV.

Note that in i2c-id.h I just arbitrarily picked the next available id
number for I2C_HW_B_COLDF.  So there might be a clash if you're using a
later version of the kernel than I had.