[uClinux-dev] Re: uClinux in the GDB/ARMulator

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Thu Aug 18 20:58:28 EDT 2005

Jivin Shaun Jackman lays it down ...
> Hello,
>
> Was the GDB/ARMulator patch [1] ever Incorporated into the vanilla

No.

> gdb, or is there a patch for GDB 6.3?

Not that I know of,  check the Skyeye project,  they have been far more
pro-active in this space.

> Is the ARMulator being
> maintained?

I guess you could say it isn't (though Skyeye is).  But then it hasn't
really needed maintaining as it works fine in it's current state :-)

The GDB/ARMultaor combination doesn't care why compiler/kernel you are
running in it,  just as long as its and elf kernel it should run it.

> I've built a arm-linux-uclibc nommu kernel that I'd like to test on
> simulated hardware. What simulators (preferably open-source) of a
> complete ARM platform are available?

The ones I know of are:

	GDB/ARMulator
	Skyeye (much enhanced version of above)

but since ARM is so popular,  I am sure there is a non-GDB based
emulator as well :-)  You could look at the gameboy emulators and
perhaps if there are any new palm emulators (I think they are arm based
now),

David McCullough, davidm at cyberguard.com.au, Custom Embedded Solutions + Security
Ph:+61 734352815 Fx:+61 738913630 http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com