[uClinux-dev] Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00

Sreecharan Sivadevuni mailsreecharan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 04:46:10 EDT 2005

Hi Igor,
           Let me tell you I am trying to do the same
thing as you are trying, i.e trying to boot a uClinux
out of RAM, be it use RAMDisk or any file system. and
I too am stuck at the same point in the booting as you
are, needless to say I am looking out for help.

Furthur the bootloader I am using doesnot have
capability to load filesystem into the RAM, and I have
too little time to experiment with new bootloaders(I
know there are some with amazing capabilities), here
I need to know if you could make any progress please
do direct the help to me.

And for all others, I have a question: Can I possibly
boot up a uClinux kernel without having to load a
filesystem either into the RAM or FLASH, I mean is
there any way I can build into kernel an automatic
root filesystem which kernel mounts by default and
gives me a console. I read in the archieves that one
could concatenate filesystem to the kernel image and
load the entire image as one and at one time. how can
I achieve this ?

Thanks
Sreecharan.S