[uClinux-dev] How to use SRAM as driver buffer?

Fang Vincent-r65806 Vincent.Fang at freescale.com
Mon Aug 15 03:49:46 EDT 2005

 I'm using SDRAM as IDE driver buffer. That is, in the read()/write() system calls, a buffer pointer located in SDRAM was used as the "buf" parameter. Due to performance, I need to use buffer in SRAM. It works for some driver like USB driver, when I pass a pointer in SDRAM (0x20000000 for example). But for IDE driver, file system is in the path. uClinux only initiated page frames for SDRAM, so uClinux can't find the page frame of address in SDRAM. At last the IDE driver got a wrong buffer_head, and can't fill the buffer in SRAM.
Is there any way to use SRAM just as SDRAM?  Thanks for any advise.

Best Regards,
Vincent Fang