[uClinux-dev] 2.4.31-uc0 request_irq failure

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Aug 10 18:51:44 EDT 2005

Jivin Juan Manuel  lays it down ...
> Hi,
>
> 	I am trying the 2.4.31-uc0 kernel but it seems that is a bit
> different managing interrupts than 2.4.24-uc0 that I had been using. The
> request_irq function fails and indicates that there is no dev_id.
>
> The output is:
>
> uClinux/COLDFIRE(m5282)
> COLDFIRE port done by Greg Ungerer, gerg at snapgear.com
> Flat model support (C) 1998,1999 Kenneth Albanowski, D. Jeff Dionne
> On node 0 totalpages: 4096
> zone(0): 0 pages.
> zone(1): 4096 pages.
> zone(2): 0 pages.
> Kernel command line: CONSOLE=/dev/ttyS0,115200
> Bad boy: ColdFire Timer (at 0x00033010) called request_irq without a
> dev_id!
> Calibrating delay loop... 42.39 BogoMIPS
> Memory available: 13236k/16384k RAM, 0k/0k ROM (1001k kernel code, 238k
> data)
>
> The problem persist with my own drivers... I don?t know if there was an
> important improvement in the kernel tree regarding to the treatment of
> the interrupts that needs to reprogram all drivers to support it. It
> would be right?

Ok,  the code for m68knommu was modified to match the i386 code,  it
prints a warning if there is no dev_id,  other than that there is no
change to functionality that I know if,

Here's the diff for the changes:

	http://cvs.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/uClinux-2.4.x/arch/m68knommu/platform/5307/ints.c.diff?r1=1.5;r2=1.6;f=h

David McCullough, davidm at snapgear.com  Ph:+61 7 34352815 http://www.SnapGear.com