[uClinux-dev] Soft-rebooting on the MCF5272

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Wed Aug 10 18:20:51 EDT 2005

Whenever I issue a 'reboot' command from the console on my MCF5272 board
(uClinux 20041211) something weird seems to happen on the console serial
port.

It reboots ok (though it seems to take a couple of seconds before I see
the "Restarting system" message), but then while the bootloader is
running I can't type anything in.  I can see everything that the
bootloader writes to the console perfectly, but everything I type is
echoed back incorrectly (or sometimes not at all), and it can't
recognise any of the commands that I type in.  If I let it boot back
into uClinux, things work again.  But not being able to enter commands
at the bootloader stage is a pain in the neck.  (And yes, the bootloader
works fine after a hardware reset.)

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the problem?  And
more importantly, how to fix it?