[uClinux-dev] Jffs2 space problem

Friedrich, Lars lars.friedrich at wago.com
Tue Aug 9 06:44:43 EDT 2005

> Yes. You suppress the warning message and mount abort if you force
> the filesystem with the -t flag. Just checked this. Try to mount
> the filesystem without the -t jffs2 parameter.

Discard this paragraph. mount/jffs2 really won't omit an informational
message for an erased partition. Anyway, the problem is then that you
don't have a jffs2 image on the partition. That jffs2 refuses to write
to a non-jffs2 partition and is unable to determine the free size of
something not existent is not a bug in my opinion (although personally
I think allowing to mount a non-jffs2 partition is).

Best regards,
Lars Friedrich