[uClinux-dev] Using MCF5282's internal flash as a MTD device

Claudi quasar at ya.com
Mon Aug 8 10:09:34 EDT 2005

Hello,
First, congratulations for uCLinux: it's a great work.
Secondly, I have been testing uCLinux-dist-20041215 (version 2.4) and I have seen that it is able to use the MCF5282's internal flash as an MTD device in order to add it to the file system. However, once I activate this option during the make config, when I run linux I cannot find the flash device in the /dev folder in order to mount it as a JFFS2 file system. So my question is, how can I use the MCF5282's internal flash as it was a disk unit (to read and write)?

Thank you !
Claudi