[uClinux-dev] strace

Friedrich, Lars lars.friedrich at wago.com
Mon Aug 8 01:58:20 EDT 2005

> Well, Lars, you were right, I was not running configure for
> m68k-linux.
> Instead of following these steps:
>
>  export CC="m68k-elf-gcc -m5307 -msep-data"
>  export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-elf2flt"
>  ../strace-4.4.94/configure --host m68k-linux
>
> I´ve done these:
>
> export CC="m68k-elf-gcc -m5307 -msep-data --version=2.95.3"
> export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-elf2flt"
>  ../strace-4.4.94/configure --host=m68k-linux
>
> and then It worked.
> But configure shows some strange warnings, like:

This will never work because you lack all the settings which
header files and user space libraries to include during the
build. Compile an user space application that is delivered
with uClinux and check the compilation & linking parameters.
The three lines full of -I etc. parameters are not there just
for fun. The default settings for your host system will be wrong
and whatever you try to make will fail - even if you should be
able to compile it (then it will fail when you try to execute it).

(By the way, you still didn't tell what's wrong with strace
that is included in the uClinux distribution....)

Best regards,
Lars Friedrich