[uClinux-dev] MTD & jffs2 unresolved symbols

NZG ngustavson at emacinc.com
Fri Aug 5 10:47:01 EDT 2005

I'm trying to use MTD, and I'm slowly making progress, but it's very hard to
find any documentation for it.

I wrote my own map file, which appears to work but now I'm trying to figure
out how to put a fs on it and I'm having problems. Whats the best way to do
this?

I'm trying to use jffs2 with the Coldfire on the current stable build, but I'm
getting unresolved symbols when I load it.

insmod jffs2
Using /lib/modules/2.6.9-uc0/kernel/fs/jffs2/jffs2.ko
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_deflateEnd
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_deflate
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_deflate_workspacesize
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_inflate
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_deflateInit_
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_inflate_workspacesize
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_inflateInit2_
jffs2: Unknown symbol zlib_inflateEnd

Apparently it  can't find zlib, although the config file appears to include
it. Has anyone else seen this before?

thx,
NZG.