[uClinux-dev] uClinux-dist-test-20050614 released for testing

Friedrich, Lars lars.friedrich at wago.com
Fri Aug 5 02:27:04 EDT 2005

> Jivin Friedrich, Lars lays it down ...
> > > A new test release of uClinux-dist is available now.
> > Any chance for patchsets to update previous releases?
> We are about to do a new test release,  and L'll pop this
> one into CVS if that helps ?

No idea, somehow I've lost track now ;)

> Otherwise we can do a diff to save some bits :-),

It's not really about bandwidth and size (let's face it,
Paris Hiltons movie is still much larger than a uClinux
kernel download..). I just find it more convenient to review
incremental updates and apply them as needed instead of dumping
everything as vendor import into our cvs and then watch it choke
on trying to merge it by itself.

Anyway, just thought it would be a general good idea to have
patchsets for download which upgrade one release to the next
release. But not worth the effort if I'm the only one who finds
this useful.

Best regards,
Lars Friedrich