[uClinux-dev] Automated uClinux builds

Zachary Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:59:41 EDT 2005

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with setting up uClinux for automated
builds?  I want to set up nightly builds but am running into some
trouble getting everything setup correctly without a manual run of
'make [menu]config'.  I'd like to be able to use all the defaults in
vendors/VENDOR/PRODUCT.  My initial approach was to have the config.*
files in PRODUCT/ be copied to the various locations as .config and
.config.old and then run 'make oldconfig'.  Unfortunately, it doesn't
seem like oldconfig sets up everything the way the interactive menus
do.  For example, autoconf.h doesn't seem to be written, and symlinks
to various directories aren't created.

I got the builds to work by manually doing a 'make menuconfig' the
first time and saving all the changed files to a tarball which I can
then uncompress into a new uClinux-dist tree.  This works but the
process will need to be repeated every time a change is made to the
defaults in PRODUCT.

Does anyone have any experience with doing something similar, or at
least some ideas?
I'd like to have auto-builds for my own use, but it also might be nice
for general testing of new uClinux releases.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>