[uClinux-dev] linux 2.6.x on Arcturus ColdFire uC5272

Keith Nicewarner Keith.Nicewarner at SpaceDev.com
Wed Aug 3 17:37:04 EDT 2005

Has anyone gotten uClinux 2.6.x to compile for the 5272?  I have a USB
camera device that I need to use with the ColdFire but it has no driver
for 2.4.x kernels - only 2.6.11 and better.  I tried grabbing the latest
beta 20050614 uClinux distribution but I get this error when building
with gcc 2.95.3:

usr/initramfs_data.S: Assembler messages:

usr/initramfs_data.S:29: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.incbin'

Any ideas how I can get a 2.6.11 kernel on the ColdFire?

Keith.

Dr. Keith Nicewarner      keith.nicewarner at spacedev.com
<mailto:keith.nicewarner at spacedev.com>

Chief Software Architect                   858-375-2079

SpaceDev, Inc.                         www.spacedev.com
<http://www.spacedev.com>

13855 Stowe Drive                  San Diego, CA, 92064

This email message and any information or files contained within or
attached to this message may be privileged, confidential, proprietary
and protected from disclosure and is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed. This email is considered a business
record and is therefore property of the SpaceDev, Inc.  Any direct or
indirect review, re-transmission, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
use, disclosure, or copying of this message or any part thereof or other
use of or any file attached to this message, or taking of any action in
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this message in
error, please immediately inform the sender by reply e-mail and delete
the message and any attachments and all copies of it from your system
and destroy any hard copies of it.  No confidentiality or privilege is
waived or lost by any mis-transmission.  SpaceDev, Inc. is neither
liable for proper, complete transmission or the information contained in
this communication, nor any delay in its receipt or any virus contained
therein.  No representation, warranty or undertaking (express or
implied) is given and no responsibility or liability is accepted by
SpaceDev, Inc., as to the accuracy or the information contained herein
or for any loss or damage (be it direct, indirect, special or other
consequential) arising from reliance on it.