[uClinux-dev] JFFS question

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Aug 2 21:17:47 EDT 2005

Jivin Michael Leslie lays it down ...

> Hi Robin,
>
> I ran into very similar trouble with CONFIG_WATCHDOG.
> The general problem is obviously that of config symbol collision between
> the kernel and the userland distribution.
>
> I suggest that the solution is to rename the colliding configuration
> symbols (eg. CONFIG_JFFS_FS to CONFIG_USER_JFFS) in the userland
> menuconfig system: in config/config.in, in user/Makefile, in the relevant
> user/aplication directory(ies) and, unfortunately, also in the template
> vendor configuration.

Robins problem below is not the same problem.  The build system assumes that
if you have JFFS2 configured in your kernel that you will need to build host
system versions of the mtd-utils so that your vendor Makefile can create a
JFFS image for example.

We generally take care to make sure these tools will build no matter
what the system you are compiling on.  Send in the errors so we can see
if we have already fixed them.

The snippet below will not install the applications into your firmware,
you need to ask for them to be included to get that,

David McCullough, davidm at snapgear.com  Ph:+61 7 34352815 http://www.SnapGear.com
Custom Embedded Solutions + Security   Fx:+61 7 38913630 http://www.uCdot.org