[uClinux-dev] JFFS question

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Mon Aug 1 23:32:00 EDT 2005

(Resent because it didn't seem to make it the first time)

I was running into some problems with the cvs user folder.

In the kernel, when you select JFFS2 File system support, you set
CONFIG_JFFS2_FS

In the ./uclinux-dist/user/Makefile, the following code exists:
dir_$(CONFIG_JFFS_FS)                       += mtd-utils
dir_$(CONFIG_JFFS2_FS)                      += mtd-utils

What happens on a system where they don't want mtd-utils? (or in my case
where mtd utils doesn't compile properly?) Any thoughts on just leaving
this for someone to select manually?

Thanks
-Robin