[uClinux-dev] Re: Populating blkmem

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Mon Mar 31 20:20:32 EST 2003

David McCullough <davidm at snapgear.com> writes:
> Another option is to follow the coldfire examples which just cat the
> romfs onto the end of the image and look for it at _ebss.

The reason I don't do this for my targets is because I often use a
debugger to load the image onto the board, and the debugger needs a
proper ELF file to load.

As I already need the infrastructure to do that, it's also simpler for
me to just use the same mechanism for other targets that do just use a
single binary image (e.g. where I'm booting from flash).

-Miles
--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'