[uClinux-dev] porting elf2flt

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Mon Mar 31 17:38:51 EST 2003

Jivin John Williams lays it down ...
> Hi David,
>
> David McCullough wrote:
> >Jivin John Williams lays it down ...
> >
> >>Can anybody tell me where I will find the information required to fill
> >>out the various entries in elf.h, and associated case statements in
> >>elf2flt.c?
> >
> >They should be in the binutils sources.  When you configure elf2flt you
> >tell it a few dirs to work with.  You may need to change the include of:
> >
> >	<elf.h>
> >
> >in elf2flt.c to something like:
> >
> >	<elf/?microblaze?.h>
>
> I don't have a "native" microblaze elf.h, but I copied the one from
> uClibc/include into my elf2flt dev directory.  I intend to extend it in
> a way similar to that for the other arch's.

Having just started playing with elf2flt on H8,  I just included the
correct file (elf/h8.h) from binutils and automatically got all the defines.
I will be checking in the changes to that effect once I get it going ;-)

If yo udon't have binutils sources that's a problem.  Although you will
probably need them to get a working elf2flt as it uses the bfd library
from the cross targeted binutils.

> >I am just doing some elf2flt work myself,  so if you need a hand feel
> >free to bounce stuff off me,
>
> Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that.  Should we take it off-list
> or might this stuff be useful to someone else one day?  I'm finding the
> uclinux-dev list server to be pretty slow lately - up to 90 mins or so
> between sending and getting it back?

I don't mind either way really,  if we end up with a uCdot FAQ or
something it is probably better than a whole lot of elf2flt
conversations, but I'm sure most won't compain ;-)