[uClinux-dev] uClinux on S3C4510-SNDS100 architecture

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Mon Mar 31 10:38:36 EST 2003

Am Mon, 2003-03-31 um 16.11 schrieb David McCullough:

> > Also I have had several problems with it:
> >
> > a) maybe anyone knows how to restart an ARM machine with 'reboot'
> > successfully?
>
> No idea sorry.  On coldfire (has no HW reset instruction) we just jump
> back through the rom startup.  You may be able to use a watchdog timer
> if one is present.
You can write your machine specific reset code in
include/asm-armnommu/arch-*/system.h. A jump to the rom-start may be
sufficient if no reset instruction is available.

> > b) when I start my app and it terminates on signal (say Ctrl-C), the
> > memory is not freed properly. When I start large app (~650Kb) and
> > terminate it several times, out of memory error occurs. Is it right?
>
> No.
I think that might be possible because of increasing fragmentation.

> Is the memory freed properly when they exit normally ?
>
> Are you building with -msingle-pic-base/XIP ?  If so then you might need to
> fixup the is_in_rom function in linux-2.4.x/arch/armnommu/mm/memory.c
> to return true if the address is in your ROMFS memory area.

Are you sure that is_in_rom is still in use? The only occurence that I
found is in do_munmap() in mmnommu/mmap.c.

Regards,
Erwin