[uClinux-dev] MCF5249, uClinux and MODEM AT Commands

Karthick Somalinga embeddedsnk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 06:49:53 EST 2003

Hi rick,
I made connection with the ttyS1 with the tip command and when i gave the following command
tip -s 2400 -l /dev/ttyS1 it said connected. But after that i could not type anyhing.
Please tell me where i should type the AT commands.
Thanks
Karthick Somalinga
 Richard Klingler <richard at uclinux.net> wrote:On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:01, Karthick Somalinga wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am working with Coldfire Processor MCF5249. I am
> using ttyS0 port of the board for downloading the
> image and i have connected ttyS1 port with a MODEM.
> Now i need to send AT commands to MODEM from the
> uClinux image downloaded in the board. For that i need
> to open the ttyS1 and send these AT Commands and get
> the acknowledgement from the MODEM.
>
> What changes do i have to make in the uClinux image
> for sending the AT commands to the ttyS1.
>
> To do all these i need some experts advice for sending
> the AT Commands to the ttyS1 from the uClinux image in
> the board. Please help me in doing this.

Nothing to do with "experts" (o;

Just use the "tip" program for connecting to ttyS1...

tip -s baudrate -l port

Rick