[uClinux-dev] M5272C3 changing RAM memory size does not work

Van Rafelghem, Dominique VanRafelghemD at intheairnet.com
Fri Mar 28 21:50:23 EST 2003

Hello,
Using uClinux-20030305 distribution with m68k-elf-tools-20030314.

I am trying to change the size of RAM on the target from 4Mbytes to 16
Mbytes in the following manner.
With make xconfig....
Under "Target Platform Selection", select 'yes' for Customize Kernel
Settings.
At the Main Menu, select "Save and Exit".
Selecting "Processor type and features" I go down to the bottom of the menu
and change RAM size to 16MB.
I return to the main menu, save and exit.
I then perform a "make dep" followed by a "make".
The kernel produced still only has 4 Mbytes of RAM memory instead of
16Mbytes.  Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Dominique