[uClinux-dev] How do I move the console from ttyS0 to ttyS1 on a Coldfire 5272?

Michael Caisse mcaisse at allweatherinc.com
Fri Mar 28 19:59:17 EST 2003

I use make xconfig, but you can find the same in make config...

With make xconfig....

Under "Target Platform Selection", select 'yes' for Customize Kernel
Settings.
At the Main Menu, select "Save and Exit".

Selecting "Processor type and features" will get you to a configuration
parameter about Compiled-in Kernel Boot Parameter (CONFIG_BOOTPARAM_STRING).
Select yes and then provide the kernel boot parameter. For example,
the one I'm using is:

    CONSOLE=/dev/ttyS0,115200

You should be able to:

    CONSOLE=/dev/ttyS1,9600