[uClinux-dev] Yet more problems "make"ing uClinux

Chizhik, Andrew AnChizhik at ekmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:49:08 EST 2003

I'm very sorry that I keep bothering the list with all these similar
problems, but I just can't get the hang of configuring the kernel. It seems
that as soon as I change one thing from the default configuration,
everything goes to hell (without bothering to use a handbasket). I need to
build the kernel for an m68360 processor, but, of course, that choice is not
in the list of vendors/processors, so I have been choosing the
Motorola/M5272C3 option and then customizing the kernel settings. Is this
the proper procedure, or is this the cause of all my trouble? Mind you, for
the default configuration for the M5272C3, the entire procedure works
wonderfuly. However, if I change, say, the processor type to m68360, I start
getting errors. Perhaps this is because choosing one thing in one place
requires a selection somewhere else that I am not making. Could someone
please point me in the right direction? Or at least a direction close to the
right one?

I should also mention that I'm doing this under Cygwin. I wonder if that is
the cause.

Andrew