[uClinux-dev] application size limitation?

pauli at snapgear.com pauli at snapgear.com
Thu Mar 27 21:39:58 EST 2003

> The questions I have are the following:
> 1. I read somewhere that in the past there was an application size
> limitation on uClinux.  Is this still the case?

There is a size limit imposed by the shared librarie support.  This limit is
16M per application and library so you'll probably not encounter it with 16M
of RAM.

> 2. Has anyone used threads in their applications on uClinux?

I believe DavidM has pthreads working.  Has it made the latest release?

> 3. Is it better to write a bunch of small apps in uClinux or is the one
> large app approach OK?

Probably not a lot of difference really.

Regards,

Pauli
---
Dr Paul Dale, Software Grunt, http://www.SnapGear.com
SnapGear - Custom Embedded Solutions and Security Appliances