[uClinux-dev] bash

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu Mar 27 18:35:51 EST 2003

Hi Michael,

Michael.Needle at alcatel.com.au wrote:
> I am trying to get a more functional shell than sash operating on
> a uclinux host.
>
> What shell(s) have been successfully ported to uclinux?
>
> What is/are the shell(s) of choice on uclinux?

Sash is probably used the most, but the minix shell
is also used a lot.

> I assumed bash had been ported due to the fact that it
> is in the uclinux-dist. If this is not the case, why is it there?

That code base supports full VM processors as well as
MMUless. Bash works on all those VM targets.

> Minix looks as if it will satisy my needs.
> Can you confirm that the minix shell has been successfully
> ported to uclinux?

Yep, just choose minix-shell from the shell list.

> I attempted to get minux operating but experienced the
> same symptoms as with bash. I can get sash to operate
> however.
 >
> I would like to know if other people have managed to get
> minux operating successfully on uclinux, thereby I can focus my
> attention on the build/target environment.

I have used the minix shell alot on uClinux. I have only
ever used it on ColdFire targets. Did you get the latest
arm-elf toolchain yet?  And I don't recall your last
email, but do you have the latest uClinux-dist?

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com