[uClinux-dev] free, "lite" windows terminal software

Heiko Degenhardt heiko.degenhardt at sentec-elektronik.de
Thu Mar 27 02:45:48 EST 2003

Hi John,

* On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:08:30AM +1000, John Williams wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a simple and free windows terminal program I can
> use instead of hyperterm?

we mostly use the old term95 because it has some features that
other ones not have (eg. see/capture traffic in hex format).
Sorry, I don't find a download link for it anymore. I think
it was part of Norton Commander?). It still works under
Win2k. But it is not "free" in terms of GPL.

> For some reason hyperterm, despite my best efforts, refuses to
> "talk unix" re: line feeds and carriage returns,

We sometimes use hyperterm, too, and I can't see any problems
with line feeds. If you like I could send you my *.ht file
so you can try that.

But as the other said: TeraTerm seems to be very good, too.

Rgds.
Heiko.