[uClinux-dev] Serial Port woes

Zhu, Kunlun kzhu at newportinc.com
Wed Mar 26 12:38:55 EST 2003

Some hardware drivers for RS-232 can be in auto-detective mode which means
only the input line is RS-232 voltage level(CTS for modem side), the
output(RTS)can work. That's why the loopback didn't make it work. Check the
voltage of RTS and DSR on modem side, it should be 0 (Normally it should be
-3~-12v for logic 0, or +3~+12v for logic 1).

Hope this help.

kunlun