[uClinux-dev] Re: uclinux-elf-tools-20030314 released

Erwin Authried eauth at softsys.co.at
Tue Mar 25 15:19:39 EST 2003

Am Mon, 2003-03-24 um 23.03 schrieb David McCullough:

> The m68k-elf tools have always needed a '-lc'.  I haven't added it into
> the specs file as a lot of people use these tools for embedded (non
> linux) development and libc may not be appropriate.  I know you may use
> -nostdlib and -nostartfiles,  but since it has been this way for so long
> I haven't wanted to change it.

Hi David,

I think it isn't a good idea to leave out -lc. The toolchain should be
able to work with any well written Makefile without any uClinux or
architecture specific stuff in it, presuming that your environment is
set up properly (CC,CFLAGS,LDFLAGS). I have set up my ARM toolchain this
way, and it was possible to build rather big packages without (ok,
almost without:->) any changes, e.g. the mysql client library, rlpr, and
several others...

Regards,
Erwin