[uClinux-dev] Combining bin files

Michael Caisse mcaisse at allweatherinc.com
Tue Mar 25 13:54:20 EST 2003

Dominique -

I'm there are several ways to accomplish this. I modified the colilo
Makefile
since it is what is looking for the binary to be located at a specific
location.

Specifically, I modified the colilo.bin rule so that:

    $(OBJCOPY) -O binary colilo.elf $@

reads

    $(OBJCOPY) --pad-to=32767 -O binary colilo.elf $@

The first sector for my flash is 32k and holds the boot. Just change the
pad-to value
to whatever you would like ( see man objcopy ).

I then do the following:

    cp colilo.bin flashImage.bin
    cat image.bin >> flashImage.bin

flashImage.bin will contain what you want.

michael