[uClinux-dev] file(1) bflt entry

Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel.be
Tue Mar 25 09:32:27 EST 2003

I would like to submit to the file(1) maintainer an entry for the bflt
file format.

Here is my proposal for public review :

# bFLT: file(1) magic for BFLT uclinux binary files
#
# From Philippe De Muyter <phdm at macqel.be>
#
0       string          bFLT            BFLT executable
>4      belong          x               - version %ld,
>4      belong          4
>>68    belong          0x4e714e71      m68k,
# I do not know what the other magic values and platforms are (arm e.g.)
>>36    belong&0x1      0x1             ram
>>36    belong&0x2      0x2             gotpic
>>36    belong&0x4      0x4             gzip
>>36    belong&0x8      0x8             gzdata

To test it, put that at the end of your /etc/magic file, compile it if needed
using file -C, and then issue

	file yourfile

where yourfile is a bflt-format file.

Feedback is welcome

Philippe

Philippe De Muyter  phdm at macqel.be  Tel +32 27029044
Macq Electronique SA  rue de l'Aeronef 2  B-1140 Bruxelles  Fax +32 27029077