[uClinux-dev] FTPD compiling problems

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 25 02:39:25 EST 2003

Hi Rene,

Rene Gegusch wrote:
> 1) Try to compile it as it is given by the distribution(030305).
> Error, because of redefinition of crypt in"crypt.h", which is included in
> auth.c. crypt is already defined in <unistd.h> in lib/libc/include
> OK, because did not know anything really intelligent for this, I tried to kick
> the redefinition out and see what will happen.

The key to most of the problems you will find is the
config.h file in ~/user/ftpd/. Normally that is generated
when you do a "./configure" for ths package. But that is
not really an option in the uClinux cross compile setup.
So you need to manually change/edit config.h to match
uC-lib/uClib capabilities.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com