[uClinux-dev] Re: do you know anything about the ftpd?

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 25 02:37:08 EST 2003

Hi Rene,

Rene Gegusch wrote:
> After I finally compiled the kernel successfully, I would like to compile the
> ftpd application as well.
> I already asked in the mailing list severla times for experience reports
> and/or help for my problems. It dissappoints me, that you seems to be the
> only one, who really give answers for me.
> Do you know any help for me?

I think it is just that no-one else has tried to use
the included ftpd on uClinux yet.

> I confuses me a lot, that in the latest dist there is this ftp server, but it
> has so many errors. Is it maybe not really supported for uClinux?

Well, yes, basically that is right. I have only used that
source on VM linux targets with glibc. So its configuration
will need to change a little for uC-libc. I don't think
it will be difficult to change, but you will need to
work through each problem as you compile it.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com