[uClinux-dev] Re: Tiny memory

John Willlams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 25 02:28:16 EST 2003

From: David McCullough <davidm at snapgear.com>
>Jivin Miles Bader lays it down ...

>> I'd recommend just spending the effort now to get more memory working;
>> you're going to have to do it eventually anyway (even if you could

>I agree.
>
>You could, however, try the page_alloc2 stuff
(CONFIG_CONTIGUOUS_PAGE_ALLOC),
>it should get you by the immediate problem with big slabs,

Yep, I saw that CONFIG option at the top of slab.c the controls the static
slab size arrays.

However, I've got Greg in my other ear saying "it should work in 1 meg"!  A
bit of internal biffo at SnapGear this afternoon maybe! :)

I'll have a closer look at the code tomorrow and make up my mind.

Thanks all for your input.

John