[uClinux-dev] IDE on 20030305 dist

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 25 02:18:01 EST 2003

Hi Hn,

hn wrote:
> 	I did a DB connection change to save the  overhead of byte swap for a 5249 board,
> I commented the SWAP16/32 macros in linux-2.4.x/include/asm/ide.h,
> but failed to detect the harddisk, anything else have to be done?

What did you do exactly?
Swap D16-D23 and D24-D31?

An IDE interface uses a combination of 8 and 16 bit data
reads/writes (8bit for the control registers, and mostly
16bit for the data). Did you allow for your changes
when doing 8bit accesses only?

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com