[uClinux-dev] uClinux on 68000 confusion

Jonathan L Long longjonathan at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 15:18:58 EST 2003

I am attempting to put uClinux on my 68000 board. However, I am a bit confused
about how to compile uClinux for the straight 68000. I have downloaded the
latest uClinux-dev tarball. There are arch subdirs for m68k and m68knommu;
what is the difference? Isn't uClinux only for systems without an MMU? Also,
there is no arch/m68knommu/platform subdir for 68000; will the 68328 code run
fine? Furthermore, if I select the 68000 processor when I make config, the
code gives lots of problems because there are no #ifdef CONFIG_68000s in the
source where there are for other processors. Should I just use 68328 config,
or am I missing something obvious, or what?

-JLL