[uClinux-dev] Changing the memory Map

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Fri Mar 21 10:18:12 EST 2003

Hi Santosh,

Santosh Bhat wrote:
> Hi List , Sorry for bothering again with the same questions . I have a
> Samsung board , which has a RAM at 0xc000000 of 8 MB. Can any one please
> suggest me the files I need to modify so as to boot the kernel ??
> Has any one moved their RAM other than default 0x0 ?? If yes what are the
> difficulties and the problems faced by you , so that I can take the same
> corrective actions ?

There is at least 1 example of a board with its RAM not at 0
in the sources, the Motorola M5206eLITE board. Have a look around
its setup. It was not a big problem to support.

You will at least need to modify the text address for linking,
for armnommu targets this is done in ~/arch/armnommu/Makefile.
There is config options in the armnommu config.in for setting
the DRAM base and size. May not be too much more than this
required.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
Snapgear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3279 1822
825 Stanley St,                                  FAX:    +61 7 3279 1820
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com