[uClinux-dev] How to add a char device?

Kendrick Hamilton hamilton at sedsystems.ca
Fri Mar 21 09:23:35 EST 2003

Zhouhua,
	The simplest way to add a character device is to create a module
with the device driver. uClinux supports loadable modules. If you need a
reference on creating a loadable module, see Linux Kernel Device Drivers
by Rubini and Corbert. Busybox provides a copy of insmod you can use to
instal the module in the kernel.
KGH

PS. for this mailing list, please don't send the HTML version of the
message, only the plain text version.

--
Kendrick Hamilton E.I.T.
SED Systems, a division of Calian Ltd.