[uClinux-dev] a problem about vfork

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Fri Mar 21 04:37:07 EST 2003

Jivin Crystalandy lays it down ...
> as we all know,
> vfork is in the place of fork in uclinux.
> but when running the demo launcher of microwin,I met a problem.
> it is that i use mouse attack icon,commonly,one hit should
> activize one process.
> but two processes are generated and it seems that the father process is
> replaced by one of child processes.
> So if closing one of the child processes which replace its father
> process,all process
> will be terminated.

This sounds weird ?  are you sure that you are not seeing one process
waiting for its child to exit/exec before it can continue running ?

Alternatively,  are you getting button bounce and actually launching 2
apps ;-)

Perhaps a ps listing before and after pressing the button might help
work out what is going on.  I can't remember if I have used the launcher
before or not,  anyone else ?