[uClinux-dev] inittab file

Yannis Mitsos gmitsos at telecom.ntua.gr
Wed Mar 19 11:35:47 EST 2003

Hi, all

Could someone please send me an example of the /etc/inttab file?

I am trying to debug the init program and I am facing some problems.

In the /dev directory I have created the following devices:
total 0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       5,   1 Dec 27 13:25 console
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       5,   0 Mar 19 14:15 tty
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   0 Mar 19 15:34 tty0
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   1 Mar 19 15:34 tty1
crw-------    1 root     root       4,   2 Mar 19 15:34 tty2
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       4,  64 Mar 13 12:55 ttyS0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       4,  65 Mar 13 12:55 ttyS1

Are the above sufficient to boot the kernel and execute the "init" ?
The only available tty I have is a serial port.

Currently, my inittab file consists of:
tty1::askfirst:-/bin/sh
tty2::askfirst:-/bin/sh
tty3::askfirst:-/bin/sh
::respawn:/sbin/agetty -L ttyS0 115200 vt100

I am using init version 1.1 from the userland.old.

At the time beeing it is quite difficult to debug using the "printf"
since the stdio, stdin and stderr have not been initialized rather I
have created a syscall that utilizes the printk function to print
messages in the /dev/console.

Regards

Yannis

--