[uClinux-dev] Problem with uclinux-dist-20030305

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Mar 19 09:37:08 EST 2003

Jivin Jay Vaughan lays it down ...
> >Every thing in the tree is working for pthreads,  but not all platforms
> >have had it enabled (ie., we haven't tested it specifically).
> >

> Ah, I see.  Please consider me an avid test-target for the 5272
> platform, then.  I'm using these eval boards as general purpose lab
> tools, so I like to stay current with things, and for me portability
> is key...
>
> >Here is a patch for the dist the fixes the Mot configs and also a small
> >problem with the top level Makefile which is needed when you are
> >switching platforms a lot ;-)
> >

> Thanks very much!!
>
> Incidentally, this patch arrived garbled.  Is it normal to have so
> many "^M"'s in your patch files - I thought these were just
> stock-standard plaintext files, usually?  I ran 'dos2unix -c Mac' on
> it, seemed to fix it, but not everyone has this ...

The patch that I sent had no ^M's in it that I can see.  Perhaps you
mailer munged/browser/file transferr it somewhere along the way ?

> >make clean,  make config and force defaults, make dep, make and you
> >should have a full pthreads 5272.  Then you can be the first to test it ;-)
>
> Please consider me first in line for any future 5272-related testing
> of stuff that will make uClinux-dist better organized for everyone!

Let us know how it goes.

If you are using the 20030314 tools then using bcdm.c from the
threaddemos directory:

	m68k-elf-gcc -m5307 -msep-data -Wl,-elf2flt -o bcdm bcdm.c -lpthread -lc
	cp bcdm romfs/bin
	make image

will give you a working flatfile,  though building as part of the tree
is more convienient,