[uClinux-dev] dist 20030305 doesn't build for Arcturus uC5272

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Wed Mar 19 08:34:25 EST 2003

Hi Rene,

Rene Gegusch wrote:
> Compiling seems to work fine now, for a few second, till the next problem. :(
> now I get this error message:
>
> /tmp/ccsdN6uK.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccsdN6uK.s:246: Error: invalid instruction for this architecture; needs
> 68000 or higher -- statement `oriw #0x2700,%sp@' ignored
> make[2]: *** [himemloader.o] Fehler 1
>
> this is a little bit overhead for me... so, does anyone has an idea how to fix
> this?

At least at this point you have the kernel compiled and linked.
You are now into applications :-)

Do you actually need himemloader on the uC5272?
My first guess would be you don't, I would deconfigure
it from the applications set in the "make xconfig".

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
Snapgear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3279 1822
825 Stanley St,                                  FAX:    +61 7 3279 1820
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com