[uClinux-dev] FTP Server on the 5272 board

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Wed Mar 19 08:30:58 EST 2003

Hi Rene,

Rene Gegusch wrote:
> Thanks for you help, but look at this new error :(
>
> fec.c:97: parse error before character 0240
> fec.c: In function `fec_enet_mii':

Looks like that code was not quite correct. I have a better
fix checked into CVS now. Although it still only defines a
single MAC address for the uC5272.

> By the way, it is important to use my uC5272 in a network. I don't really know
> what you were meaning with the hard coded MAC adress, but if it works with
> one unit in a network, this might be OK.

That is what I meant, a single unit on your network will work fine.
But if you had 2 (or more) units on a network running this code
it would not work, since they would all have the same MAC address.

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
Snapgear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3279 1822
825 Stanley St,                                  FAX:    +61 7 3279 1820
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com