[uClinux-dev] about nommu or mmu

ChangDa Tong tongcd at neusoft.com
Wed Mar 19 00:06:12 EST 2003

We know uClinux is designed for nommu processor. From hardware point of
view, I know little advantage of the nommu cpu over the mmu's.Perhaps
include less power assumption, a little benfit of speed, less price and
what more?
I mean if more and more cpu used in the embedded device have a mmu,
could uclinux have less usage? Could the nommu cpu's is used less in the
near future? Maybe this affect  the spreadness of uclinux. Could anyone
show some facts that nommu processor is hard to be repleace the nommu
ones?
Thank you for commenting on this.(I didn't find debate about this
subject in the archieve)