[uClinux-dev] Problem "make"ing uClinux

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 18 19:20:00 EST 2003

Hi Andrew, John,

John Williams wrote:
> Chizhik, Andrew wrote:
>> Looking at the lines mentioned here, there is no "sw_usp" there. For
>> example, line 125 in process.c reads:
>> printk("USP: %081x\n", rdusp());
[snip]
> It looks like the configuration for your platform is defining
> CONFIG_COLDFIRE, when perhaps it shouldn't.  I'm no m68k expert - does
> the 68360 have hardware user/supervisor stack pointers, or is it
> emulated in /platform/XXX/entry.S ?  In /platform/5307/entry.S you can
> see how the sw_usp is used on entry /exit to the kernel.

The 68360 has hardware usp and ksp, so you don't need the
sw_usp. Andrew it looks like your config is a little screwed
up. Did you do a "make clean" and "make dep" after changing
your configuration?

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3435 2888
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com