[uClinux-dev] uclinux-elf-tools-20030314 released

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 18 06:56:55 EST 2003

Jivin Justin Clacherty lays it down ...
> The binaries package doesn't seem to include libiostream.a or libio.a is
> there any particular reason for that?

Is there any reason your need them ?

The libstdc++ provides iostream support and I think the headers + this
take care of most standard C++ requirements.

Part of reason for switching to STLport was the impossible header file
issues trying to build libio and friends against uClibc.

I am very interested in hearing of any reasons why this is a bad idea
because I really have no opinion on the matter :-)