[uClinux-dev] Distribution 20030305 bigger Kernel Image

Massimo Calò m.calo at ctsgroup.it
Tue Mar 18 02:51:19 EST 2003

Hi David,

    I'm compiling for MCF5272C3, I have added to the default options the
following :

Kernel    :
                    Loadable Module Support
                    Memory Tecnology Devices (MTD)
                    Character Devices    --->    Standard/Generic Serial
Support
                    File System    --->    JFFS2

User       :
                    Flash Tools    --->    mtd-utils    :    eraseall
                    Network Application    --->    portmap
                    Busy Box    --->    dd , insmod, lsmod, rmmod, mount,
umount

If you confirm that the new kernel is bigger then the old one, I will
eliminate some of the default options

that I don't use to reduce the kernel image.

Thanks.

Massimo